] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Australian Happy Meal Box - 2003

sg
This is a Happy Meals box that hails all the way from Australia, courtesy our newest F.O.A.M. member Jay Hernandez.

Jay tells me that for this promotion, only three figures were produced--Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Penguin. Huh? (They also made a Batmobile, but no Batman. Double Huh?)

Knowing that, it was nice of them include Aquaman (and some of his fellow heroes) on the box puzzle, using a fine stock art pose by (I think) the underrated Tom Grummett.

Thanks Jay, and welcome to F.O.A.M.!

2 comments:

wiec? said...

were some of these toys choking hazzards? a Penguin toy without a Batman toy is like a Oreo without icing.

it would look pretty bad if Flash lost that race on the happy meal box.

Andy Luckett said...

I think Tom Grummett is underrated too. He was an especially good choice for the 90's-era DC licensing art.

I'm glad to see Hawkman included in this group, too. While I disliked the new origin/attitude/"avatar" powers he had at the time, I thought his look was very cool.