] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Aquaman Shrine Interview with Norman Alden - 2007


As I mentioned last week, I had the great opportunity to interview actor Norman Alden who, among his seemingly million other credits, was the voice of Aquaman on the first few seasons of The Super Friends. Mr. Alden was kind enough to record a greeting for The Shrine in his best Aquaman voice, now I have the great pleasure of presenting the entire interview that we conducted on February 2.

In addition to playing Aquaman, Mr. Alden was in the movies Tora! Tora! Tora!, Back to the Future, K-Pax, Patch Adams, They Live, my personal favorite, Ed Wood, and pretty much every TV show on the air during the 60s through the 80s. We could only cover a small portion of his extraordinary life and career in the time we had, but that's what happens when you've been working constantly for over five decades. It meant so much to me to speak to him, I mean--I got to talk to Aquaman!

I've broken the interview up into two parts, a little over twenty minutes each. That annoying, geeky tremolo you hear is how I talk. Please forgive me.

Thanks of course to Mr. Alden for his time and generosity of spirit, but also to his agent, Ilko Drozdoski, who found the Shrine and asked me if I'd like to do the interview. And also to my pal and fellow artist Steve Spatucci, who helped me record the interview and do all the tech stuff that gives me the shakes. Thanks Steve!





4 comments:

ds said...

Good stuff. Note to self - to break into the business, drive to Hollywood and lend people my car.

Dixon said...

That was fun! The Aquaman Shrine has definitely grown into something more than a merchandise blog; truly, this site offers a wide variety of tributes to the King of the Seven Seas. It's original content like this that sets the Aquaman Shrine apart. Thanks for this, Rob!

Plaidstallions said...

That was such a cool piece, what a shining moment, I agree that this blog has really grown.

Anonymous said...

Wow. If it had been me, I would have been at a loss for words. What a great interview! Norm sounds like a really nice guy, the type of actor that personified the old Hollywood. I've seen that Capital One commercial and never realized that was Norm. Wonderful stuff, Rob. Congrats!