] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

AquaSketch #2 by Neil Vokes - 2007

sg
Usually I post these sketches in the order I get them, but this second sketch by Neil Vokes simply had to follow yesterday's Aquaman.

Like the Aquaman one, it was done at an appearance Neil made at
All Things Fun, this time in December 2007. Unlike last time, though, I knew how awesome a piece I'd be getting from Neil, so I went to him immediately to give him as much time as possible.

I had originally thought to ask him for another Aquaman portrait, but then changed that to a member of the AquaFamily, since I thought it'd be more interesting for him to try someone else. So I asked for Mera, and once again Neil didn't disappoint, delivering this wonderful portrait of Aquaman's queen.

I thanked him for the awesome work--again--and said if I saw him next year at ATF, it'll either be Aqualad or Black Manta!

Tomorrow: Something completely different!

4 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

Wow! This one looks even better then the Aquaman one. So tomorrow is something completely different. I can't wait to see the sketch of the crew of Monty Python all dressed as Aquaman.:)

Anonymous said...

Haha, that'd be something to see...anyway, that Mera is excellent! If you catch him again next year, it'd HAVE to be Manta, Rob, this guy's style would make for a pretty cool sketch of the most awesome of Aquaman's villains.

rob! said...

>> I can't wait to see the sketch of the crew of Monty Python all dressed as Aquaman.<<

nothing quite that exciting, sorry. :)

since Neil lives around here, he should be at ATF's xmas shindig in 2008, as well, so yes, i think Manta is next!

Damian said...

What do you mean, "Tomorrow: Something completely different?"

What does that mean?

You don't have another one...

do you?

I told you not to have another one!