] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Monday, December 10, 2007

Original Illustration by Craig Hamilton - 2007

sg
Now it can be told!

Back on
my birthday, Darlin' Tracy had given me the single best present I ever got, an original Craig Hamilton drawing of Aquaman--this drawing.

Unfortunately, I couldn't post it at the time because Craig had done it for a future Vs. game card, and he asked me not to put it up on the Shrine until the art was officially released.

Well, the art(and other card art) is now up on an Upperdeck website, so I would say the sea horse is out of the bag! Yay!

As you can(now) see, this piece simply kicks all known ass. The colors are fantastic, the design is dynamic, and Aquaman looks about as regal and impressive as he ever has.

Craig generously offered me first crack at buying it, but I knew I had no way of affording it, even if Craig asked for half--a tenth--of what it's worth. That saddened me, but I saw no way around it.

Thankfully, my better half heard me talk about it, and went to Craig directly, and a week or two later this beauty was on my doorstep. One more time--thanks Craig and thanks newest F.O.A.M. member Trace!

9 comments:

Scurvy said...

Holy cow that's beautiful. I love the sharks in the background. You are lucky. Treasure this. :)

Anonymous said...

That IS awesome! Congrats, Rob!

Anonymous said...

Freakin' fantastic Rob. That's one beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

If there is one image that says "Aquaman", this truely, is it.

Congrats Rob, and well done Tracy!!!

Chris

Damian said...

Wow.

Maybe your wife could talk to my wife...

Anonymous said...

the sea life depicted in your piece is typical of craig going above and beyond what anyone could ever imagine someone doing, it is a gorgeous illustration by one of the best artists out there, congrats on it finding the perfect home!

dusty abell

Anonymous said...

I can only offer one question about this beautiful piece...


...where's Tusky???

Anonymous said...

...[stunned silence]...

That is absolutely beautiful.

I've just gotta commission me a Hamilton piece!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!