] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

License Magazine - November 2006

sgOne of the more unusual items I've come across--it's stuff like this that I just love ebay for; where else would I ever even see something like this?

This is the November 2006 issue of License, a trade magazine all about licensing and marketing. The industrious seller must've figured this issue of the probably-normally-pretty-dull magazine might appeal to comic book collectors. He was right.

Anyway, this issue has a 3-page article about the WB licensing/marketing some of its "big heroes" to the infant/toddler market. Along with a sidebar article with each character's bio (plus Hawkman's, who's not pictured...why no Wonder Woman?) the article mentions Mattel is "on board to create a younger, unique but complementary basic and deluxe action figure line for Super Friends." Ehh? Sounds like I'll soon be haunting the infant/toddler aisle at my local Target! (Hmm...that sounded creepy. Let's move on)

Anyway, it's an interesting article, if you're into the nuts and bolts of how stuff like this is sold. I think it's a great idea, I hope this line of toys sees the light of day soon.

And dig that cutesy Aquaman!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish Mattel would get on with this toyline! This is the first time I've ever seen designs for it, and I had to share a link to the Shrine over at Raving Toy Maniac.

Hopefully we'll see these at Toy Fair next week!

Chris

Anonymous said...

This sounds like it will be in competition with the Spidey's Friends cutesy Marvel line that Fisher-Price or some similar company has been selling for a few years. A smiling, cutesy Captain America is one thing, but a smiling, cutesy Ben Grimm is a little odd IMHO...!

Anonymous said...

i hope we see them at toy fair and they come out i don't have kids but i want to buy them so when i do they will have them

Plaidstallions said...

Drat, my son is too old and my daughter would never be interested. Brian Smash!

That Aquaman is such a refreshing change.

Peter said...

Here's Lil' Aquaman in preschool toy form: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003376544.cfm

Also, here's classic Aquaman turning up again at Toy Fair, in Mattel's other new Attactix-style line, DC Battleague:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003429901.cfm