] type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Friday, October 13, 2006

Master Lock ad - 1997

sgI'm not sure how the DC Licensing dept. talked Master Lock into using Aquaman to help sell their product--logic would suggest they ran several different ads, using various DC characters, but, even as a fan, Aquaman seems an odd choice. I guess "The Doom Patrol...for Master Lock!" seemed even less marketable.*

Not exactly sure who did the swell art--my (fairly) trained eye tells me it's Jose Luis-Garcia Lopez, inked by Dick Giordano. And since they did a lot of the licensing stuff, maybe I'm correct. Nice, whoever did it.





(*or--"Ultra the Multi Alien for Master Lock!", "Sonic Disruptors for Master Lock!", "Lady Cop for Master Lock!", "Binky and His Buddies for Master Lock!"--I got a million of 'em.)

1 comment:

achiappanza said...

Hey Rob, is it possible for you to send me a print-worthy sized scan of this ad?

I've taken to doctoring up my calendars by gluing on other images, and the dolphin one we've got in the bedroom could stand having a lot more Aquaman on it.

(gbmar@yahoo.com)